- 2 weeks ago
- Jul 27, 2017
- Jul 15, 2017
- Jul 5, 2017
- Jun 12, 2017
- Apr 9, 2017
- Mar 29, 2017
- Mar 10, 2017
- Feb 21, 2017
Milky Way truck on U.S. Highway 395
Nix-Ya-Wii Warriors Memorial (1996), Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation. The boulder, from Wallula Gap on the Columbia River, was moved in 1910 to Portland City Hall and repatriated to the Tribe in 1996.
One fragment of a larger boulder with archaic petroglyphs, near Summer Lake, blasted for a county road straightening project.
One of seven in an old school park in Agness, near the lower Rogue River, 30 miles upriver from Gold Beach and 5 miles downriver from the original riverside site.
On BLM pubic lands and listed on the National Historic Register; see Wikipedia for a summary.
Salvaged in 1963 and moved one mile to Cove Palisades State Park when the Round Butte dam inundated the Crooked River and Deschutes RIver confluence, forming Lake Billy Chinook.
These studies of seven dislocated petroglyphs boulders, all in Oregon, was part of To Become Visible: Archaic Petroglyphs in Oregon Country, an exhibit and symposium at Jacobs Gallery in Eugene, Oregon, January-March 2013.